May 2016 timetable changes confirmed
We are very pleased to announce a number of customer-focused timetable changes which have been agreed with the Department for Transport and which take effect from 15 May 2016.
These changes came about as a result of us working together to identify, develop and implement ideas to improve our timetable for our customers and stakeholders.
The changes are summarised below:
- Improved connectivity and journey opportunities at Tamworth and Lichfield on weekdays, by more services stopping there to/from the North West, including the 07.55 Manchester to Euston and 18.40 Euston to Manchester. There will also be more Saturday and Sunday calls at Lichfield.
- Improved connectivity and journey opportunities at Nuneaton by stopping the 08.35 Manchester to Euston there on weekdays.
- Improved connectivity and journey opportunities at Rugby by stopping the 12.10 Euston to Chester and 10.40 Glasgow to Euston there Mondays to Saturdays.
- More standard class capacity and faster journeys from Euston on weekday evenings, by accelerating the 19.00 Euston to Manchester and 19.07 Euston to Liverpool, and 18.46 Euston to Preston (Fridays only), and moving stops to services with more capacity.
- Improved performance, connectivity and journey opportunities on weekdays by stopping the 16.30 Euston to Glasgow service at Warrington, Wigan, Preston, Lancaster, Penrith and Carlisle, rather than just Preston.
Seat reservations for all these services and others commencing 16 May 2016 can now be made, up to 12 weeks in advance of travel.